There’s nothing like a good marinade to make the juiciest meat—especially if it’s grilled on a skewer! Marinating these Argentian-style churrasco skewers takes very minimal prep and cook time. Simply prep the skewers and let them sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. Once that grill is fired up, you’ll have delicious churrasco skewers ready to serve in just five minutes. Douse them in that homemade chimichurri sauce to give your juicy meat even more flavor.
308 calories, 412.6g fat (5 g saturated), 897 mg sodium, 0.33 g fiber, 0.6 g sugar, 22 g protein
For the Argentinian-style churrasco skewers
2 lb. skirt steak or flank steak, cut against the grain into 12 strips about 2 inches wide and 6 inches long
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Juice of 2 limes
Juice of 2 lemons
Juice of one orange
2 tsp. hot smoked paprika (smoked pimenton de la vera, if available)
2 tsp. ground cumin
12 bamboo skewers, soaked 2 hours
Neutral oil like canola for oiling grill grates
Cherry tomatoes, diced squash, and diced eggplant, if desired
For the chimichurri sauce
1 cup lightly packed fresh parsley, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. finely chopped shallot
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
3 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. honey
3/4 cup fruity extra virgin olive oil
How to Make It
To make Chimichurri Sauce, in a medium bowl whisk together all ingredients except oil. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
Slowly whisk in oil until sauce is slightly emulsified. Season with additional salt, if needed.
- To make Argentinian-Style Churrasco Skewers, in a shallow dish lay out strips of beef and season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl mix together olive oil, garlic, juices, paprika, and cumin; pour over beef strips. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Thread each beef strip lengthwise onto a skewer. If desired, add vegetables on the skewer as well. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high. Generously oil clean grill grates with a paper towel dipped in canola oil and held with tongs.
- Grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side (if using flank steak, which is leaner and can dry out more easily, check for desired doneness after 3 minutes on each side).
- Remove from grill and let it rest for 5 minutes. Serve with Chimichurri Sauce.
RELATED: Easy, healthy, 350-calorie recipe ideas you can make at home.