You won’t be missing any meat with this beautiful bowl of creamy risotto packed with mushrooms and dotted with gorgeous green peas. It’s a fancy yet easy full meal that you can enjoy for yourself anytime. Plus, it’s a breeze to make right in your Instant Pot! Here’s how to make this perfect parmesan mushroom risotto dish for one, and for even more Instant Pot ideas, be sure to check out our list of 30+ Healthy Instant Pot Recipes.
This recipe is excerpted from The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Cooking for One Recipe Book by Lisa Childs. Copyright © 2021 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photographs by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
1 Tbsp butter
3/4 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried onion flakes
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp dried basil
1/2 cup uncooked Arborio rice
1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
1 1/2 Tbsps white wine
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup shredded vegetarian Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
- On the Instant Pot®, press the Sauté button and adjust to High.
- Add butter, garlic, onion flakes, mushrooms, pepper, salt, thyme, and basil. Sauté about 3 to 5 minutes until the mushrooms are browned.
- Add rice and stir 2 to 3 minutes until rice is toasted. Add broth and wine and deglaze the pot, scraping all the browned bits off the bottom of the pot. Press the Cancel button to turn off the heat.
- Close the lid; turn the knob to Sealing.
- Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust the time to 10 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, allow 10 minutes to naturally release the pressure, then remove the lid.
- Stir in peas and Parmesan. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Sign up for the Eat This, Not That! newsletter to get daily recipes and food news in your inbox!
Eat This, Not That! Editors