Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
What can you do if you can’t run? I’m sharing a list of ideas that will keep me busy while I’m injured (foot pain). All the show notes will be up on RunEatRepeat.com and make sure to follow @RunEatRepeat on Instagram for the latest updates. Thanks for following!
The Run Eat Repeat Costume Contest is BACK!! I’m inviting you to join and submit your costume for a chance to WIN a prize! All the info is here – Run Eat Repeat’s Costume Contest
Also – I have a new post up with my Dog Gear Favorites <- video too
Update on my foot injury…
The good news is it’s NOT a stress fracture!
The bad news is it still hurts and I still haven’t been able to run.
I finally got into physical therapy and the PT said it wasn’t a stress fracture based on some poking around. Yayy!!
He started with heat on it and he had stretch my foot and do some exercises with a towel. Then, he did this ultrasound machine on it. And we ended with ice.
But – it didn’t fix it. I want it fixed.
See – this is my foot at physical therapy…
So I went to acupuncture last night. I went a few years ago when I stubbed my toe really bad and thought it might have been broken.
The doctor asked me a ton of questions, she was super thorough. It was funny when she asked me how much I run and I said about 40 to 50 miles a week… she said, “five – zero?!” Ha.
Yeah, no wonder you broke your foot dumb dumb.
She didn’t say that, but might have been thinking it.
Acupuncture… didn’t fix it. Again – I want it fixed. I’ve been doing everything I can to let it heal, encourage it to heal fast but don’t feel like it’s improving as much as it should be.
I can’t even do yoga right now because planks and downward dog hurt my foot!
I think I might need active release therapy or a cortisone shot because at this point it’s going on 3 weeks and the pain is a lot less but there is still a very angry spot in my foot. Thoughts??
What Should I Do Since I Can’t Run?
You Answered! And even though some of these ideas should be obvious – they weren’t. So I really appreciate it and wanted to share. These are the responses to my Instagram story question – ‘What should I do when I can’t run?’…
- Yoga – @erobyn75
- Can you swim? – mr_roonil_wazlib
- If you’re moving soon, you could get the stuff you rarely use packed up? Try new recipes. @introverted_owl
- Listen to ‘Jeff Lewis Live’ on Sirius XM’s Radio Andy @leftytiff
- Watch Suggestions: Succession, 90 Day Fiance and Love After Lock Up
- Read, paint/draw, roll around on knee scooter – @mar_val77
- READ – a lot of people told me to read.
- You can write me a running routine – @zonajoe76
- Play with Diego (my dog) – @cindyco4
- Grad School! – @emi.getsfit
List of Things I Can Do When I Can’t Run
- Practice Spanish
- Strength Training
- Create new strength routines
- Work on the half marathon training plan
- Get a boob job… or something else that requires time off running?? Make use of this time!!
- Figure out my life.
- Make a Buck List
- Cross items off Bucket List
- Update RER’s Race Recaps Page
- Visit my Nina and Nino
- Watch my nieces
- Go to the movies
- Get a massage
- Go to acupuncture
- Start a new podcast
- Make a financial plan
- Organize my mail / important papers
- Create a sheet with my family’s info for emergencies
- Pack my condo
- Plan my training and races out 6 weeks
- Sell all the random stuff I don’t want to move
- FIND SOMEWHERE TO LIVE
- Figure out my plan for housing long term
- Perfect my signature drink
- Take a class
- Take Diego to training
- Clean out all my email
- Catch up with friends
- Clean out my phone contacts
- Clean out my closet
- Take pics of Diego in costumes
- Mail all those cards!!
- Plan Holiday Gifts
- Update old RER posts & Run Eat Repeat Pinterest
- Hang out with you in the Run Eat Repeat Facebook Group
- Start the Daily Check in Back up on @RunEatRepeat Instagram
If you have any thoughts or advice on what I should be doing with my time or how to fix my foot – please send them over!!
- Store bought iced coffee.
- Bear Naked Granola. Amazing.
- All injured runners just trying to stay positive and rehab their bodies back to 100%
And it’s on my heart to mention the Crisis Text Line today. If you need help, a friend or are thinking about self harm please text the Crisis Text Line.
If you have a running, nutrition or health question – please send it over.
Have a Running or Nutrition Question?
Call in with your question and leave a voicemail on the Run Eat Repeat Podcast line OR email your question…
Email: [email protected]
Leave a voicemail: 562 888 1644
To leave a voicemail just call the line and say your name & location (state or city in the US, country if outside) and ask your question.
Previous Posts on This Topic:
I Hurt My Foot
Pain on Top of Foot Update
Foot Pain Resources & Websites for Runners
Check out Training Plans, Recipes and Life Updates on RunEatRepeat.com
Follow @RunEatRepeat on Instagram and join the closed Run Eat Repeat Facebook Group to connect with other runners and eaters! Thanks!