Opening a bag of chips and a jar of salsa sure is an easy appetizer, but what if you took it up a notch? Impress your guests at your next gathering with this easy-to-make pistachio and cranberry cheese ball recipe. Between the tangy taste of goat cheese, the smoothness of cream cheese, the crunch of pistachios, and the sweetness of cranberries, this cheese ball recipe is bound to be a crowd-pleaser. Served with salty crackers or other delicious bites (like bagel chips and pretzel thins), this is the perfect spread to welcome your guests when they walk through the door.
Pistachio and Cranberry Cheese Ball Recipe
Makes 16 servings
1 cup pistachios, shelled
1 cup dried cranberries
8 oz. goat cheese
8 oz. cream cheese
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
How to Make It
- Place the shelled pistachios in a plastic bag and seal. Crush the pistachios using a rolling pin.
- Mix 1/4 of the crushed pistachios, 1/4 cup dried cranberries, goat cheese, and softened cream cheese in a bowl.
- Move the cheese mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper. Take the corners of the parchment paper so the cheese is secure, then shape it into a ball.
- Add the rest of the pistachios, dried cranberries, and chopped parsley into a bowl. Using a large spoon, roll the cheese ball in the bowl until it is completely coated.
- Place the coated cheese ball on a plate with snacks to easily dip like crackers, bagel chips, and pretzels. For a low-carb twist, serve with vegetables that can dip well—like carrots and celery sticks.
RELATED: Easy, healthy, 350-calorie recipe ideas you can make at home.