These Whole30 chicken kababs are a simple, quick, and easy meal to prep ahead, and make for an ideal lunch or dinner when you’re pressed for time. We recommend serving them over a bed of celeriac “rice” for a truly clean, gluten- and grain-free bowl. Instead of grilling the chicken, we cover it in spices and bake it in the oven, which both cuts down on time (you can multitask by cooking the celeriac while the chicken bakes) and also means you can easily make it all year round.
Makes 4 servings
For the kababs:
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
2 chicken breasts
For the celeriac rice:
3 Tbsp olive oil
4 cups finely chopped celeriac
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp fresh tarragon
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin.
- Cut the chicken breasts into large chunks and toss them in the spice mixture to coat evenly. Thread the chunks onto 4 wooden or metal skewers (if using wooden skewers, make sure you presoak them first). Place the skewers on the baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until fully cooked through. Remove chicken from the oven and set aside while you make the celeriac.
- To make the celeriac rice, pour the olive oil into a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the celeriac, thyme, tarragon, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and beginning to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Divide the celeriac rice between 4 bowls and top with one skewer each.
RELATED: Easy, healthy, 350-calorie recipe ideas you can make at home.