Eggs are an easy go-to breakfast to make on the Whole30, but they can get boring pretty quickly. Switch things up with this easy frittata-like Whole30 veggie casserole. It also happens to be wildly easy to make, requiring you to simply saute your favorite green vegetables then cover them in an egg and coconut milk mixture. The entire pan is baked, so you can go about your morning while breakfast is being prepped! This Whole30 veggie casserole is the perfect recipe to feed a hungry crowd in the morning without too much fuss, and gives you all the satisfaction of quiche in a lighter package.
Makes 4 servings
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 yellow onion, diced
2 to 4 cups chopped green vegetables, such as broccoli, kale, or spinach
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp canned coconut milk
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease an 8″ square baking dish or 9″ round baking dish.
- In an extra-large skillet, heat the coconut oil.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until softened. Add the basil and cook for 2 seconds more.
- Whisk together the salt, pepper, eggs, and coconut milk.
- Transfer the cooked vegetable mixture to your prepared pan. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the eggs are just set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before slicing and serving.
RELATED: Easy, healthy, 350-calorie recipe ideas you can make at home.