No, you don’t need to turn the oven on to make an excellent dessert. This Whole30-compliant tart is entirely raw, and sweetened naturally with dates and fruit. The nutty, sweet, press-in crust has a little dash of cardamom which pairs beautifully with the creamy cashew and coconut filling. It’s absolutely fantastic with fresh berries, but feel free to use any seasonal fruit, from sliced fresh peaches to chopped quince or plums, or even fresh citrus.
Makes one 9-inch tart
For the crust:
1 3/4 cups walnuts
1/4 cup almond flour
8 large pitted dates
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp salt
For the filling and topping:
1 cup cashews, soaked overnight and drained
1/2 cup canned coconut cream
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 cups fresh berries or other sliced fruit
How to Make It
- In a food processor, combine the walnuts, almond flour, dates, coconut oil, cardamom and salt. Pulse until the mixture begins to come together and you can easily pinch it between your fingertips.
- Press the crust mixture into a 9-inch tart pan, pressing it evenly into the base and up the sides.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the cashews, coconut cream, lemon juice, and salt, and blend until airy and smooth.
- Pour the filling into the crust and chill the entire tart for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, top with berries or sliced fruit.
RELATED: Easy, healthy, 350-calorie recipe ideas you can make at home.